Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Blog 3: Reflecting on Summary

1. What have you learned from the Summarizing class? 

Summarizing is to rephrase in our own words the main idea of the text making it smaller, but completely understandable for the reader. Summarizing with the class is a good method because we can exchange ideas and express every individual point of view of each person of the group. 
 
2. How do you know that you have learned it? 

The only way to know if I learned it or not is practicing and receiving comments about it, because when I write something I'm always convinced that it is right, but at the end I notice that wasn't.

3. Can you describe how you learned it? 

Reading again and again the notes. Checking the practice we did in class with the group. Reading the blogs of the other people as examples, and rewrite is a good strategy to check the mistakes and remember do not write them again, although, I have not tried it yet I know it's a very useful tool.

4. What helped your learning? What made it difficult?

First I have to mention that summarizing it's not so easy. Because there are rules to keep on mind at writing time, such as, do not repeat the same words of the text and look for synonyms sometimes is frustrating. Do not extend the details. Suppress ideas and select the appropriated one which will make understandable the summary is sometimes makes me crazy, but at the same time isn't hard, because it is just to write my best idea of the text in a few words. -although this may sound like a paradox is not- because summarizing is like whatever another method which at the beginning is hard, but at the end it becomes a easy thing just with practice. 

5. How do you feel after today's class? 

Being in the class I felt that I will be able to write a good essay or composition in the future, the teacher knows how to send the idea, and the method to work in groups is useful to understand better, the class is fun since the beginning to the end,  actually I'm a shy person and in this class I feel the confident to talk, and I'm surprised with that. Summarizing my ideas and details I felt "satisfied with the developing of the class" :)

No comments:

Post a Comment